Strolling through the merchant stalls outside the Covent Garden Market last Saturday, my eye landed on the essence of European advertising…great uncomplicated design with a dash of sex appeal. The packaging is a play on the beguiling concept behind Jezebel Soaps. The cheeky vintage vixens conceal luxuriously scented, hand made soaps that are as good for your body as they are for the environment. All the soaps (and products) are made from natural ingredients and the wrapping is made from recycled paper. So if you’re feeling a little naughty or know someone who is, why not give these beauties a try.
Some Saturday mornings are spent lingering over a long breakfast and the crossword, others beckon with sunshine filled adventures. I wonder what this one will bring? If you don’t feel like moving an inch this weekend (at least in the morning), why not have a peek at a few of these links. Enjoy!
- After seeing Alice Gao‘s photos of Blue Hole Park, I have a feeling that I will be adding a Texas destination to my travel list.
- There are many days when I wish I had a sweet treat to go along with my morning cappuccino. These delicious looking chocolate almond and orange cantucci by Kylie Flavell make me wish I was a better baker.
- Learning languages should be fun, and what better way to do it than finding a new french word each day in your instagram. Bonne chance!
My key chain recently broke sending keys scattering to every corner of my purse. Until that moment, I hadn’t realized that only a tiny screw held my life together. Not one to cry over spilled milk (bleh!), I took this as a sign to go shopping! And I’ve found the most amazing replacement from Graf & Lantz. I’m absolutely enthralled with this colour. I hope this one lasts much longer!
- Illustrator Jamie Lee Reardin combines two more of my favourite things – fashion and art in a quirky, colourful manner. I love her perspective!
- Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. F*** it…going to New York (FIGTNY) is a photo blog that sums up the sentiment in minimalist style.
- I try to live my life in balance and the newest aid in my arsenal is Joyous Health. The gorgeous Joy McCarthy is a glowing example of “practice what you preach” and her beautifully simple recipes make my tummy growl.