- If I had my wish, I’d be spending my weekend flying to Marseille and lunching right here. The view alone will make you hungry thanks to Aisling Greally!
- As a die-hard chocoholic I’m always on the lookout for divine (and easy) chocolate recipes. These pot de creme from Green Kitchen Stories are definitely going on my list.
- Lavender was one of the first things I planted in my balcony garden at the beginning of summer. Now, every time the wind blows, the scent transports me to Provence. But there are many other uses for lavender which Renee Reardin lists on her blog
The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind. But that’s okay. It’s what makes the start of a weekend so special. If you’ve had a crazy week and are staying home to catch your breath, here are a few interesting links that you may enjoy.
- Garance Dore just returned from a week in Mykonos and she’s sharing her envy-inducing diary of the trip. It made me want to pack a bag and book a ticket to Greece as soon as I was done reading.
- Summer time is perfect for outdoor dining. Whether it’s a backyard bbq or a picnic in the park, simple but stylish will always win points with me. The Every Girl site presents a guide to the essence of great alfresco dining.
- I am a die hard animal lover (snakes and spiders excluded!), so I love when people get creative about supporting animal causes. See how french artist Paulo Grangeon uses 1600 pandas to help raise money for WWF on Nicole Warne‘s blog – The Gary Pepper Girl.
Some Saturday mornings are spent lingering over a long breakfast and the crossword, others beckon with sunshine filled adventures. I wonder what this one will bring? If you don’t feel like moving an inch this weekend (at least in the morning), why not have a peek at a few of these links. Enjoy!
- After seeing Alice Gao‘s photos of Blue Hole Park, I have a feeling that I will be adding a Texas destination to my travel list.
- There are many days when I wish I had a sweet treat to go along with my morning cappuccino. These delicious looking chocolate almond and orange cantucci by Kylie Flavell make me wish I was a better baker.
- Learning languages should be fun, and what better way to do it than finding a new french word each day in your instagram. Bonne chance!
- Illustrator Jamie Lee Reardin combines two more of my favourite things – fashion and art in a quirky, colourful manner. I love her perspective!
- Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. F*** it…going to New York (FIGTNY) is a photo blog that sums up the sentiment in minimalist style.
- I try to live my life in balance and the newest aid in my arsenal is Joyous Health. The gorgeous Joy McCarthy is a glowing example of “practice what you preach” and her beautifully simple recipes make my tummy growl.